Mystyleforecast.com is ONE FANTASTIC YEAR OLD. This is the reason, cause, occasion, thought, and, gosh, joy for a non stop yellow/black gifts party that is still…on.
This time I will reveal the little tricks of my beauty case. All the tiny rocking items that change my mood, look, act, approach and style, every morning and every night making things always different, always magical.
In the beloved chess game of mystyleforecast, the “rival” colors are Mac. Their strategy is secret. I ‘ll take both sides. Yellow and black. So…listen. I build my look upon color contrasts to make sure I create the thunder chic looks of this winter.
- I put a little dose of yellow shadow to the inner corner of the eyes for extra light to my face.
- I give a vintage touch to the final look with a medium-thick line of black eyeliner only on the outer corner of the eyes starting shortly after the middle of the upper lid.
- For retro lashes I emphasize to the tufts in the inner corner of the eyes.
- For a stand out of the crowd result I add a long thin line of yellow eyeliner over my classic black line.
- I exercise my make up drawings with a yellow pencil star, heart or little thunder designed just above the cheekbones under the end of the outer corner of the eye.
- For a soft rock effect “compass” the eyes with a round shape of my black eyeshadow. I apply it with a brush. I smudge it with my fingers.
- I am getting dressed pop wise filling the inner contour of the eyes with a yellow pencil line.
- Under all products I use concealer.
- I finish all looks with a layer of black mascara.
Two lucky blogistas will win a customized yellow/black Mac set each. The first includes Pigment Colour Powder Primary Yellow, Eyeshadow Carbon, Super Slick Liquid Liner Pure Show and Chromaline Primary Yellow. The second includes Chromagraphic Pencil Primary Yellow, Pigment Colour Powder Black Black, Fluideline Blacktrack and Eyeshadow Chrome Yellow. Join the contest with like, share & comment here and tweet και retweet here!
Concept: Annousa Mela/ Designer: Maria Sinanoglou.
Whatever you do, stay true. To you, to your style to others. This is the only way to stand out of the crowd.
When its my birthday, I am happy. Very happy. When I am happy, I am celebrating. When I celebrate, I organize parties with my friends. Well, the idea is colorful, rock and very simple!
www.mystyleforecast.com is one year old and invites all of you to the 1st digital gifts party ever. A pop up yellow&black surprises corner is on and the palette of the blog’s symbol, a.k.a thunder, is “spreading ” in the closet, the vanity case, everywhere. The yellow & black gifts “marathon” begins today and lasts for one month!
Each week has a new fashion surprise. Every week satisfies a new beauty desire.
Concept: Annousa Mela/ Designer: Maria Sinanoglou.
The count down begins with a sophisticated, minimal and totally chic bag “couple” whichI love for its powerful design and, of course, its color superiority. My favorite bag from K Vintage collection of Folli Follie and the funky chic wallet with the iconic design Heart4Heart of Folli Follie “organize” exclusively for two lucky readers the styling activity for all the upcoming winter looks.
Start to mark gradually the blogging birthday gift list and wish that you just had a facebook, twitter or pinterest account! If you have not evensigned up, maybe it’s time to think about it very seriously?!
p.s Proud for my digital heart made with my HTC One X!
Stay tuned and stand out of the crowd.
Scents, flavors, emotions, contradictions, fresh looks, incredible energy, unique neighbourhoods, lovable creative tension. I traveled to Istanbul for an express beauty trip. I was on the Bosphorus for the first time. I “tasted” the city for 48 hours hanging out with nine amazing girls (Nefeli, Vivian, Effie, Myrto, Korina, Helen, Dimitra, Dimitra (oh yes they were…two!) and Rosalie!) and tested new beauty formulas with hi tech assistance such as special machines for measuring greasiness, hydration and well being of the epidermis. Amway sent the invitation. Color, and not only that, was the special reason. Fun atmosphere and ispiring people always develop the coolest trends. So it happened. At the tales of fashion and beauty, eyes are the stars. However, as all stars, they demand a “stage”, a”role”, “rehearsals”, a “director” and “clapping”. Two brushes just for the eyebrows “comb” the eyeliner’s background on the second floor of Amway Plaza and eyeliner starts its line at the roots of the eyelashes of the upper lid. It remains very “thin” at the beginning and “thickens” afterwards from the middle of the lid to the outside till the bone at the edge of the eye. Before the eyeliner use a little amount of transparent compact powder to stabilize the color which remains in its place for at least 24 hours maintaining its vibrant natural glow. For a rock look I wear it without mascara. For a more sophisticated result I love to “play” with two blacks. The pencil + the eyeliner!
The concept is…theatrical eyeliner!
Wow..me with the grunge cool Special Effect & Make up artist…Ezgi Turna.
…and the final result in two words!
Stay tuned for more beauty secrets from magical cities around the world!
Yet, in my case, when I back up my photos/notes/ videos is not always a successful process…
Favourite files are lost in the darkness of my i mac’s update until they decide to “show up” again.
Enthusiasm for the looks of last fashion week in Paris at the magical catwalk stages of my three beloved designers… Akris, Issey Miyake, Jean Paul Gaultier. Coolness meets the theatrical extravaganza, minimal lines “cohabit” with geometric harmony and the post fashion week taste is absolutely familiar … “built with the most creative way your everyday style.” After all that, I join the new f/w 12-13 season with an incredible mood for “exploration” of new stylistic paths of strictly straight line trousers, pointy pumps with maximum 8 points heels, blazers, cozy coats, gloves, hats and XL sweaters. As you assume, my wardrobe is ready to confront all stylish challenges.
p.s My fashion week looks always include biker gloves, see through shirts, sandals with high socks and vintage accessories!
Look 1. H&M jacket. Topshop jeans. Dries Van Noten sandals.
Look 2. MSF Vintage Collection vintage fur coat. Urban Outfitters shirt. H&M leather skirt. Zara sandals. Porto Bello market leather gloves, London.
Look 3. MSF Vintage Collection sequined mini dress. H&M letaher jacket. Harajuku market socks, Tokyo. Dries Van Noten sandals.
From Paris with love
I love cities. Everywhere in the world. I like them as always everything happens quickly. Everything just magically fit. When I walk in the city I feel, think, breathe, walk, dream, smile…I’m cool. And I want you to do exactly the same with me. This time the conversation got many dimensions and I want to say to you my little thunder thoughts.
- Never say never. Color enemies join the same outfits and the result is simply perfect. The black and blue finally together at over 20 of the top fashion shows like Zac Posen, Proenza Schouler, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Prabal Gurung.
- Thanks to the cheap and chic new orientation my beloved t-shirts fit the most unlikely looks and 24/7 boost my self confidence. Yes, match them with leather skirt, suits, XL woolen cardigan, military jackets.
- Thanks to the social media action, the planet is two times more “closer” to you than last year. At the catwalks around the world this year were double mentions and tweets making your vanity case, mirror and wardrobe updated more than ever. I will just tell you that at New York Fashion Week were 671028 tweets culminating Victoria Beckham and Marc Jacobs for which were respectively 17173 and 8813 tweets.
- Style is liberated. Theatrical interventions are allowed. Elbow high gloves with opera chic references, sky high cuts at all dresses, transparencies, mix with plaid, XXL jackets and suits with prints take the reins of an ultra expressive winter season.
- The eshops become the “offerland” and you can find the items of your dreams in the budget of your dreams!
- Vintage looks and vintage make up add an elegant glow to anything old. The past makes its lifting, and “comes back” with an incredible appetite and fascination.
- Everyday style becomes genius thanks to applications that fit the closet in your hand (style.com, stylecaster, touchcloset, style.com etc.)
- The designer lookbooks multiply imagination. You know that I love to talk about style with video series. It’s time to reveal you that the most inspiring stories by fashion veteranons such asPrada, Dsquared, Comme des Garcons, Karl Lagerfeld, Nina Ricci, Stewart Weitzman are narrated by web short films. The styling is dreamy and the fashion & beauty “movies” have a new unexpected magical view.
- Creativity takes on the sweaters. Polka dot and prints take on woolen tops and even beyond that. I love the new stylish graphic order. Even though I want to wear my “precious” military jacket, my first autumn’s project will be…knitwear.
- 7 out of 10 success stories in the fashion and beauty star from human perseverance and endless love in what you want to do (Gap, Inditex, Benetton). Just note a life and style advice…always listen very carefully to your heart.
p.s. For some time I wanted to share one of the best windows in the city. Attica by Kiehl’s. Enjoy!