Όχι, φέτος εδώ, φοράω ως total look την αγάπη, συντονίζομαι σε live streaming και έχω το νέο μου baby “project” αγκαλιά, αλλά η καρδιά χτυπά δυνατά.
Στο αρχηγείο των πιο στυλάτων επιχειρήσεων του πλανήτη, οι θριαμβευτικές υπερζυμώσεις για ό,τι νεότερο, ξεκινούν. Read more >>>
Film concept, production & styling/ Annousa Mela. Director/ Vassilis Michail.
- White top by Boy London, Urban Outfitters. Vintage leather bags by mystyleforecast.com Creativewear Collection. Black leggings by Calzedonia. Vintage booties by mystyleforecast.com Vintage Footwear. Hat by Zara. Satin jumpsuit by mystyleforecast.com Creativewear Collection.
Often it is difficult. Some other times is easy. This film belongs to the second case. In this story i wanted my heroine to be casual but not abstract, vulnerable but not timid, feminine but not provocative. The script takes place at the streets of Metaxourgeio where always an after dark walk is sprinkled with a little dose of mystery. The recipe has two basic components. Innocence + dynamics. When you wear something nostalgic but casual that makes you feel great and your appearance seems dynamic. That means not boring. That’s exactly what happened in the 70s with the musical movement that overthrew the data turning a decade from a mainstream period to a fascinating timeline. The punk reacts to 60s. Easy songs with wild beauty VS older songs with endless solos. And the winner is…the first “team” because of its subversive character that dictates that nothing is final and everything is constantly changing. I take a break to add this style attitude to my outfits that put the easy parts of the wardrobe … a white top, the black tights, the black booties, my black hat and my beloved shawl in a power game of new fashion roles when they coexist in the same look. Dedicated to the mentor creativewear Vivienne Westwood.
My little secrets…
- Everything old is new again when I give to it another form than its predecessor. Old black woolen shawl of my grandmother + white cotton scarf by H&M = improvised black & white cape.
- The layering (more than two garments worn together) is just cool. At my heroine’s outfit I combined a leopard print bra + full length satin jumpsuit + sleeveless tops.
- At my heroine’s look the bags do not emphasize but they go against femininity. In this style clip, i wanted to show you why the medium size works perfectly (not too small and inconvenient / nor very large and disproportionate to the body) and the vintage square design simply rocks.
- Because my Gucci/Lanvin F/W 2012 style hat dictates a cool messy hair style Idown untamed hair look I protected the smooth texture of my hair even in adverse really cold conditions with Silk Groom Serum of Kiehl’s.
- I am obsessed with the chocolate brown as the ultimate color and I dare to wear in a cross body bag. It gives me the complete control of the bag and has an unpredictable style attitude.
About my heroine…
Nina Onoyko came in Greece at 2001 and her favorite color is red. She wants desperately to organize a crazy trip to her beloved Miami and she claims that she is not at all affraid of fashion but on the contrary she loves the creative contact with the camera as she has its own code with it. And when the I ask her my fetish question… “If you run out of clothes to a remote island and ypu have to take with you just a piece of clothing what would that be?” She replies spontaneously and smiling “a shirt.” The most formal piece of a wardrobe in an “out of the box” environment. Strange but interesting. A few seconds after that info I finally complete the puzzle of her style I.D. becoming aware that she adores earrings, she loves Natalia Vodianova, she is inspired by Dior shows and she has the belief that if her style was a capital of music that would be … rock ‘n’ roll.
- Vintage bαg by Alexanderplatz charity shop, Berlin. Tshirt by Topman. Skinny jeans by Topshop. Ankle boots by Dries Van Noten. Belt by H&M.
This is the way it is. I first create the look into my mind. I keep thinking of it late at night. I wake up the next morning. And always something has changed. If I like something in fashion is its structure. It’s all about a vivid puzzle that constantly communicates new messages. Today I rediscovered a tshirt and a bag. Just two of those items that I squeeze at the dark invisible corners of my closet. A day before, I realized that if I compared my wardrobe with a football team, the last two weeks, I was playing with the same line-up while I have hundreds of “players” sitting at the “bench”. The finding horrible. Related to those strange periods when I recycle with my imagination already tested style scenarios. As if I refuse to work to find new ones. So what I decided to do now.
The first one sat on a shelf in the male departement, at a height that I could get it, at a forbidden size (XL), with availability only in this particular item. I bought it having in mind the idea to use a ¨ Honey I shrunk the kids ” technique at the washing machine. The attempt succeeded. The second one, lost among other vintage treasures twenty years old or more… at a second hand shop in Berlin, impressed me with the quality of its leather, the moderate profile of its shape and its all time classic design. Its price was the cause for a celebratory YES to buy it right away. 20 euros.
How much I enjoyed that I pulled them out of the darkness of my drawyers…
Some thoughts …
- Just a vintage piece at a time. More ,would be a risk of being classified as an “antique” style person.
- I love the stylistic cocktail of sophisticated “materials” like “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” style and some “aromatics” like Camden’s market attitude.
- The black is the chameleon of accessories. Perfect partner with all patterns. Wherever and whenever you put it will never disappoint you.