Film concept, production & styling/ Annousa Mela. Director/ Vassilis Michail.
- Total looks by mystyleforecast.com Creativewear Collection. Jewellery Myhumbleworkshop Handmade Jewellery for mystyleforecast.com. Spike Lita Booties by Jeffrey Campbell.
And that’s how the supernatural forms suddenly acquire another dimension. This script began first as a visual draft in my mind. My favorite anxiolytic habit as a student was to write with chalk on the board. Always the same word. Always the same design. But, no more. At least, not in the real world. What if could provoke the revival of this action to create a dark feminine style that can be matched only with the figure of a fallen angel? I love fashion because it works like a flashlight. It illuminates, depending on its “use”, the aspects that I want, the feelings that I feel. Not always, but at that particular moment. Simple clothes with countless creative possibilities function as operators of a measured eccentricity that does not terrify, but makes you stand out of the crowd. In this film I wanted to narrate to you a 57 seconds fashion story with unworldly sensation, but not at all unworldly materials. Listen. This time, with your eyes.
My little secrets…
1. I love the theatrical attitude of everyday style. British origin jackets, noisy sequins, insolent transparency pieces and “clumps” of necklaces (worn at least three together in the same look) are the first in the list What I always have in my closet.
2. The makeup does not follow the same rule as obeys only at the natural glow of the skin and the dark invasion of burgundy lipstick L’Oreal Color Riche Red Rapsody. Beneath the color, just a few seconds before, I dab lips with the smooth and transparent lip balm Korres Lip Butter Jasmine.
3. The fashion items- fetish add always extra value at any look. See how I manage the vintage red leather gloves.
About my heroine…
Auburn hair, green eyes and 1.79. Three characteristics that you definitely remember of model Petra Nilsson. With a minimal rock aesthetics and a penetrating gaze, at the short outfits changing break of my style clip she answers my favorite I.D questions about what is the inviolable rule in her style. In three words…focus on accessories. And she actually respects that style “do” with her power chic piercing, her bangles and her safety pin shape tattoo on her right hand. She is 23 years old, from Sweden and she lives the exciting modeling dream the last one year. He loves every Balmain collection and she would like to be the face of a Chloe campaign. When I ask her what scent she wears, she decides to write it down at my orange notebook…Lebelle de Ricci and at my most personal question about her family she reveals that he has a younger brother. There is no more time for our lovely Q/A moment and I manage to add only two more info. Her favorite food is Caesar salad and as the musical metaphor of her style profile she chooses the Freddy Mercury’s masterpiece…Bohemian Rhapsody.
Work in progress…
Enjoy me and Petra at backstage action!
- Vintage bαg by Alexanderplatz charity shop, Berlin. Tshirt by Topman. Skinny jeans by Topshop. Ankle boots by Dries Van Noten. Belt by H&M.
This is the way it is. I first create the look into my mind. I keep thinking of it late at night. I wake up the next morning. And always something has changed. If I like something in fashion is its structure. It’s all about a vivid puzzle that constantly communicates new messages. Today I rediscovered a tshirt and a bag. Just two of those items that I squeeze at the dark invisible corners of my closet. A day before, I realized that if I compared my wardrobe with a football team, the last two weeks, I was playing with the same line-up while I have hundreds of “players” sitting at the “bench”. The finding horrible. Related to those strange periods when I recycle with my imagination already tested style scenarios. As if I refuse to work to find new ones. So what I decided to do now.
The first one sat on a shelf in the male departement, at a height that I could get it, at a forbidden size (XL), with availability only in this particular item. I bought it having in mind the idea to use a ¨ Honey I shrunk the kids ” technique at the washing machine. The attempt succeeded. The second one, lost among other vintage treasures twenty years old or more… at a second hand shop in Berlin, impressed me with the quality of its leather, the moderate profile of its shape and its all time classic design. Its price was the cause for a celebratory YES to buy it right away. 20 euros.
How much I enjoyed that I pulled them out of the darkness of my drawyers…
Some thoughts …
- Just a vintage piece at a time. More ,would be a risk of being classified as an “antique” style person.
- I love the stylistic cocktail of sophisticated “materials” like “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” style and some “aromatics” like Camden’s market attitude.
- The black is the chameleon of accessories. Perfect partner with all patterns. Wherever and whenever you put it will never disappoint you.